Fully integrated, automated and non-contact quality control system for hot-melt glue in packaging
With high-value drinks products, partly glued outer packaging can cause stock losses and damage. HotSpot combines thermal imaging and vision inspection technology to deliver the perfect solution for hot glue application quality control. Ensure every pack is correctly glued and folded without manual inspection.
- Eliminate plastic wrapping by making cardboard and paperboard stronger, safer and more reliable
- A fast, dependable and non-destructive test of packaging integrity, checking every seal on every package
- Combining optical and thermal imaging technology with advanced machine vision software
- Prevents accidents, breakages and returns caused by defective packaging
- Cost effective quality control to support your sustainability goals
Prevent collapsing multipacks and ensure pallet stability
Make plastic wrap a thing of the past by guaranteeing your cardboard or paperboard packaging is strong, safe and sturdy with HotSpot.
HotSpot is a fully automated quality control inspection system which accurately and instantly checks hotmelt glue adhesive across a wide variety of packaging types.
Using FLIR longwave infrared thermal cameras and Cognex Vision Pro high resolution optical imaging systems, combined with intelligent machine vision software, HotSpot can monitor the shape, size, location and temperature of hotmelt glue application and ensure that packaging is correctly formed and sealed.
Fitted to any packaging line or cartoning machine, HotSpot checks every package, ensuring your products are distributed in safe, reliable packaging without the need for plastic wrapping.
HotSpot stops faulty packaging in its tracks, with 100% accuracy.
HotSpot™ is used by Budweiser, Stella Artois, Brahma, Corona and Heineken to package millions of bottles and cans per year.
- Can be installed or retrofitted to any conveyor or cartoning machine
- Can be fitted and set up in under two hours, with professional installation as an option
- FLIR longwave infrared thermal cameras, Cognex Vision Pro software and touchscreen control panel included as standard
- Tower lights can be installed as an option
- Solid state memory and ethernet connectivity
- Waterproof connectors
- Compatible with data capture systems, enabling real-time analysis and insight into production line activity
How it works
Cartons are formed then hot melt glue is applied to the carton flaps. The flaps are then folded and sealed to the carton sides to complete the assembly. By measuring that the glue is at the required temperature, has been applied to the correct area and in the desired quantity, you can be assured that the carton will not fail and is safe to be transported. Missing glue means potential breakages in logistics or at the point of sale. Badly shaped cartons means poor product sales.
The HotSpot vision system consists of a colour camera and FLIR LWIR camera, inspecting the areas where the flaps are sealed. The thermal imaging camera is providing a measurement of the glue temperature and location, through the carton material. The colour camera checks that the flaps have been properly formed and that the carton is of the correct shape. If HotSpot identifies a failure from either camera, the system can provide a digital output to the production line.